Permanent Resident Card Renewal

Renew or Replace Your Permanent Resident Card.

Time to Renew Your Permanent Resident Card? Let’s Get Started!

Call Now: 647-812-5933 – We’re Available to Speak

Permanent Resident Cards (PR Cards) are valid for a period of five years. If your PR Card is expired, or about to expire in the next six months, you should begin the process of renewal. Expired PR Cards cannot be used as travel documents. Therefore if you are intending to travel outside of Canada, make sure your card is valid for at least the duration of your trip.

Processing Time

If you’re application is completed correctly, and there is no missing information, your PR Card could be renewed within a month of being received by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Please refer to processing times provided by the Government of Canada for the most up-to-date information.

Complex cases often take much longer than published processing times. However, if you require a PR Card renewal urgently, you may be eligible for expedited processing. We can help to ensure that your PR Card Renewal is as quick and easy as possible.

Am I Eligible?

In order to renew your PR Card, you must first satisfy your Residency Obligation. This means you have been in Canada for at least 730 days during the last five years. These 730 days don’t need to be continuous and in certain cases, your time abroad may count towards the 730 days.

In some instances, you may also be able to renew your PR Card if you have not satisfied your Residency Obligation. We specialize in PR Card renewals for individuals who have not satisfied their Residency Obligation, but still be eligible for PR Card renewal.

What If I am not in Canada?

You cannot renew your PR Card if your are outside of Canada. In order to travel to Canada with an expired PR Card, you must first apply for a permanent resident travel document (PRTD). However, if you apply for a PRTD and have not fulfilled your Residency Obligation, or cannot fill your Residency Obligation, you may lose your residency status.

Before applying for a PRTD, we recommend you contact a legal professional in order to avoid losing or surrendering your Permanent Resident Status.

Get in touch with us to start your renewal.

Zeen is a next generation WordPress theme. It’s powerful, beautifully designed and comes with everything you need to engage your visitors and increase conversions.